Please scroll down and read this entire page. Lots of helpful info on here...
Consignors: The integrity of H&K has a lot to do with the items we sell. Therefore, all items should be clean and in good, usable condition. Name brands always sell better but they certainly aren't a requirement. Something else regarding consigning: Items (especially clothing) that are older than 2-3 years old, usually do not sell very well...so don't waste your time, or ours.
~ Number of Items ~MAXIMUM: We currently do not have a maximum number of items you can bring. We've had consignors bring in thousands of items before. However, this is not a yard sale, so please don't think you can just sell all of your "stuff." Remember, we reject hundreds of items at each sale. Check out our "Acceptable Items" listed further down on this page for more info. And remember, just because the item may be in an acceptable category, it still has to meet the standards of the sale (clean, not broken or faded, in working condition, no smoke or pet hair, etc.)
MINIMUM: We do have a minimum requirement for consigning. You must either have: a) at least 10 items, or b) at least a total of $25 worth of items. Please understand that this means you can bring in one large item to consign, as long as it's reasonably priced at $25 or more.
~ UNacceptable Items ~Unacceptable items will be given back to you at inspection / drop-off. For the integrity of the sale, we will not accept clothing or equipment that have the following: Any item with holes, missing buttons, missing pieces, stains, dirty smells (including smoke), pet hair, showing wear (worn), broken parts, no batteries, etc. Neither can we take hanging clothes without a hanger. Items in one or more of these conditions will be returned to you at our check-in inspection. Please don't waste your time pricing and tagging unacceptable items.
Also, the following items are prohibited at ALL of our Consignment Sales...
No adult sizes except maternity. (Plus sizes are NOT maternity.)
No clothing that is bagged or folded - IT MUST BE ON A HANGER! (Exception: Onesies and other baby items like hats or blankets.)
No Violent Games - Only E ratings.
No PG-13, R rated videos or DVD's - (this is a children's consignment sale).
No Home videos or copied videos.
No DVD's or VHS tapes without the original cover.
No VHS priced over $1.00
No Teen "romance novel" books.
No Junior/Teens Formal wear.
No children's play jewelry. (Most have been recalled for lead.)
No appliances (large or small).
No Harry Potter items or any witchcraft or evil looking items.
No Drop-side cribs. (Many have been recalled.) *If consigning a crib, you are REQUIRED to fill out the form on this page and bring it with you to drop-off.
No Mattresses unless brand new (NC law).
No stuffed animals unless they are battery operated, extremely large, or a popular figure (like Disney.)
The following items are prohibited at our March sale...
NO winter clothing - heavy coats, mittens, etc.
We also will not allow lead-based items or recalled items in our sale. It is the responsibility of the consignor to be fully aware of what they are consigning. To see if your item is unsafe, click here.
~ ACCEPTABLE ITEMS ~
*We don't accept all of these items unconditionally - we only accept these items IF they meet our standards.
- Gently Used Clothing (Infants-Jrs)
- Junior Clothing (these brands and stores will be acceptable for Junior clothing - GAP, Levi's, Rock Revival, Miss Me, Joe's, 7 for All Mankind, BKE, Silvers & True Religion, Big Star, Citizens of Humanity, Rock and Republic, Old Navy, Hollister, American Eagle, Aeropostale, and Abercrombie. We also will take name brand sports like Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour.)
- Maternity / Nursing wear - (2 years old or newer)
- Anything to do with maternity and nursing! (breast pumps, slings, etc.)
- Furniture - all kinds (no appliances)
- Dress up clothing
- School Uniforms (except for juniors)
- Coats, mittens, gloves, sweaters, heavy jackets (FALL SALE only)
- Lightweight jackets / raincoats / blue jeans (accepted year round)
- Onesies (short sleeve or long sleeve up to 12 month)
- Socks (like new only...we're very picky here)
- Playground equipment / Swings
- Quality Indoor / Outdoor toys
- Games / Puzzles / Riding Toys
- Video Games / Musical CDs *ONLY GAMES RATED "E"
- Musical Instruments
- Sporting Equipment
- Homeschool & Educational Resources
- Household furniture of all kinds (this includes tables, dressers, lamps, desks, sofas, etc)
- Books / Videos / DVDs *(Any"G" and some appropriate "PG" rated videos ONLY)
- Bedding / Cribs / Diaper Bags / Bassinets (*No drop-side cribs) CRIB FORM CLICK HERE
- Strollers / Swings / Carseats (*Carseats must not be older than 4 years old and/or past their expiration date)
- Bikes / Skates / Rollerblades / Helmets / Sleds / Snowboards
- Pack-n-Plays / High Chairs / Bouncy seats / Exersaucers
- Safety items for children (Door guards, child safety locks, etc.)
- Stuffed Animals (only those that "move, speak or sing.")
As always, if you have a question concerning an item you want to sell (i.e. is it acceptable?, it's not on "the list" above, etc.), don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On the email, put your phone number in case it will be better answered over the phone.